Beware Direct Buy Warranty
I've also had a bad experience with Direct Buy Warranty. Since it happened, I've found out a lot which I wish that someone had told me before I bought from them. So, the least I can do is share what I've learned in the hope that it helps someone else.
Here are some problems with Direct Buy Warranty's contracts:
"Â˘ Section VII of their contract, under Mediation, limits Direct Buy Warranty's losses in a mediation dispute to $1500. So, even if you deserve more in such a dispute, the most you'll get from them is $1500.
"Â˘ Under Section VIII Part A, the contract states that if a claim is made before the expiration of the 30 day/50 mile validation period, it will be denied as pre-existing. If a customer then cancels, $250 will be deducted from the refund, even if 30 days has not expired. Are you kidding me?
"Â˘ Under Section VIII Part B, the contract states, "If You cancel this contract after the first thirty days or anytime after a claim has been filed on your VSC [vehicle service contract], WE will refund an amount of the contract price according to the pro-rata method which reflects the greater of the days in force or the miles driven based on the term of the contract selected and the date contract began, less fifty percent of the total amount paid in by You and any claims authorized or paid on the contract by Direct Buy Warranty where applicable by law [emphasis added].
"Â˘ In the same Section and Part, the contract states, "In the event that the dollar amount of claim/claims paid for Your vehicle exceed the amount of Your refund (less fees), You will be responsible to reimburse the administrator." That means that YOU have to pay THEM if you cancel and what you've paid is less than what they've paid in any claims! No one else does that.
"Â˘ Direct Buy Warranty is selling in all 50 states, claims that they are insured, but their contracts give no evidence of carrying insurance. So, if they go out of business, good luck â€“ all you've got is a piece of paper.
"Â˘ That the terms of Direct Buy Warranty's contracts are extraordinarily advantageous to Direct Buy Warranty at the expense of the consumer is evident. In addition, using publicly-available internet tools, I've learned that all of Direct Buy Warranty's business addresses are actually UPS Stores! Their website lists their "European HQ" as:
Beletti Management Ltd.
Continental Risk Management CRM
Lordou Vyronos 33
Larnaca P.C. 6023
This same location houses a *** production company â€“ unbelievable but true. Given what resides at their other addresses, there is strong evidence that Direct Buy Warranty is based outside of the United States â€“ that is not a good thing. In a consumer complaint filed online, the customer notes that his credit card charged was processed in a foreign country." According to another complaint online, a Direct Buy Warranty agent explained by saying that they are a "global company."
Who is making sure that Direct Buy Warranty is abiding by all applicable laws, especially if they aren't an American company?
If you've been scammed by Direct Buy Warranty like I have, then do what I did: Go to your state's insurance commission. My state is looking into right now, and will probably find out what I already did the hard way, which is that they really aren't a legitimate operation. Here's a link to find your state's insurance commission http://www.naic.org/state_web_map.htm Obviously, if you haven't bought yet from Direct Buy Warranty â€“ then DON'T â€“ STAY AWAY!12977186 review #231289
You may also like
- "I am writing to you to assert a complaint against this service center owners Sue and Kent Nicholson who committed fraud, with deliberate intent to deceive by demonstrating unethical business..."
- "Mi nombre es JosĂ© el dĂa 20de septiembre lleve mi troka Nissan frontier sĂłlo para realizarle una alineaciĂłn y cambio de breaks ceramic y lo hicieron hasta el Domingo y..."
- "On 6/23, USAA sent Safelite Auto Glass from Brandon FL to my house to replace the windshield on my work truck, a 1988 Ford F150. Itâ€™s not a beautiful..."
- "I am the second owner of an oil fired boiler with which I heat my home (hot water radiators.) The boiler is made by Crown Boiler Company in Philadelphia..."
- "I paid Bravo Marble & Granite to install granite countertops, backsplash, sink and faucet, along with the plumbing work. The same evening, upon careful inspection, I noticed they installed..."
- "DragonWeave Jewelry has been advertising sterling silver ball chain necklaces ranging in cost from $40.00 and above depending on the length. So, this chain can cost a high price. It..."
- "I ordered about $80 worth of clothes from LOFT online and UPS tracking said it was delivered to my door. I stupidly pre-signed for the package. The package was delivered..."
- "This Kroger is located in a "low-moderate income" area. I'm appauled at what I see on the shelves in the meat department at this store! It's on Roosevelt in Little..."
- "They gave me the wrong headlights, took me a month to get them and the headlights I ordered were for an eclipse, they gave me lights for a Tacoma truck..."